Wine, Wit and Wisdom set for April 29
It’s time to get ready for one of the Rochester area’s annual prime social events — The Friends of the Rochester Hills Library’ s Wine, Wit and Wisdom!
Set for Saturday, April 29 from 6-9:30 p.m., the evening consists of entertaining and informative speakers, beverages and food, as well as a silent auction and 50/50 raffle. (Because alcohol will be served, guests must be 21 or older.)
Each guest will have the opportunity to:
• Attend two 45-minute presentations by choosing from the six presentations.
• Enjoy a buffet dinner and beverages (wine, beer, soft drinks).
• Bid on an array of silent auction items, and enter to win a 50/50 raffle prize.
Ticket prices are $80 per person when purchased March 1st – April 10th – $80 per person. From April 11-17, the price is $90 per person.
Tickets? Sale begins March 1. Click on rhpl.org/friends for the registration form and the latest info. Tickets will be sent to email address listed on registration form. 50/50 Raffle Tickets: 1 for $10, 3 for $20, cash only, and you must be present to win. Suggested attire: Smart Casual.
The six presenters at a glance:
• Car Design: From Sketch to Reality by Darby Barber, a Rochester resident and General Motors car designer.
• Home Vintner: How to Make Your Own Wine by Michael Gerstenlauer, Rochester home vintner.
• Never Stop Growing: In Pursuit of Low Maintenance Gardening by Janet Macunovich, gardening expert.
• The Dockporter: Life on Mackinac Island by Jim Bolone and Dave McVeigh, co-authors of a book about their experiences on the legendary resort island.
• A Walk Across Michigan: Oscoda to Empire by Will Swartz, who’ll conduct a virtual hike across Michigan’s hidden hiking trails.
• Selfridge Air Force Base: at the Beginning of American Military Aviation by Steven Mrozek. The Executive Director of the Selfridge Military Air Museum will discuss the origins of powered flight and military aviation.